Saturday, July 9, 2016

Independence Day

We had a fabulous 4th and enjoyed the long weekend at our cabin.  Aaron and I are slowly getting used to owning a boat (driving/docking/etc) and took full advantage of the beautiful weather to spend it on the water.  Our friends we met in England, the Sattlers, came in from Ohio to visit and it was a fun weekend.  We also had the pleasure of meeting up with the Goodriches who we were stationed with 15 years ago at the AF Academy.  They live in Florida but Chris' family has a cabin north of ours.  Small World!  It was a fun reunion!!  Reminiscing with both of my girlfriends, the friendships are what I miss most from my time in the military.  I have made some fabulous friends here in Green Bay, but it was fun being newly married in the Air Force and making friends as a couple.  Up to that point, our friends started either as "Aaron's" or "mine".  Especially in England, our friends became like family because we all leaned on each other for support.  Jean and I had our first babies together.
The kids were so excited to see them and kept asking all morning "How many minutes until they get here!"  When it was about a 30 minutes prior to their arrival, they camped out by the front door.
We spent the day hanging out at our house and relaxing.  They were excited to be out of the car!






The following day, we drove up to the cabin.  The kids had fun tubing, playing games, roasting marshmallows, riding bikes, boating, swimming, etc.  We were all exhausted by bedtime!  We even took in the parade in Three Lakes.  I love me some 'ole fashinoned fourth of July fun!


The kids loved the sand bar on the chain! It is about 2-3 feet deep and allows the kids to play catch and other water sports!


I call her the dragonfly whisperer!

The dads took turns on tube with the little ones!








Chris and Meredith met us at the parade with their two girls!  I haven't seen them since we left the AF Academy in 2003!  


No comments: