Monday, January 8, 2018

Happy 6th Birthday Chet!!!

My sweet little boy turned 6!!  I had fun remeniscing about his birth day and he loved hearing about it!  I told him how he came into this world Torpedo style (the Pitocin worked a little too well).  He commented "Yeah, because I was bored in there!  I wanted to get out fast!"  The kid cracks me up with his sense of humor!

A couple of months before his birthday, I had asked him where he wanted to have his party and he said he just wanted to have his friends over to play!  I am so grateful for the friends he has started to make and it is fun to hear their moms comment how their kids talk about Chet all of the time.  I really feel that he is adjusting well and he has a great group of friends!  

Our family tradition is breakfast in bed, so he picked out that he wanted cinnamon rolls.  We entered his room singing Happy Birthday and he had fun enjoying his breakfast and opening presents!  At school he celebrated with ice cream treats!  


Since his birthday fell on a Wednesday, he had his party on Saturday!  He had 5 of his friends from school over and his cousins Evi and Bode joined in on the fun!  He decided on a Ninjago theme and we even had a Ninja piñata (he pronounces it piata).  



In the past, I always went crazy trying to plan fun games and such, but it was so fun just letting the kids run around and play!  Yes, it was more work cleaning up but I was so happy Chet had a great day!  It made it worth it!

Favorite food:  Sushi, ice cream, oranges

Favorite Color: red and orange

Favorite TV show:  Ninjago

Favorite book:  anything Star Wars

Favorite sport:  Hockey

Favorite athlete:  Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews

Favorite thing to do outside:  play soccer

What he wants to be when he grows up:  police officer

He still does not like bugs or messes (gooey or messy foods).  He likes order when eating and can't have his food touch each other!

He is such an endearing little man and, although he didn't like to cuddle when he was an infant, he loves cuddling with this momma!  We love him to pieces!


No comments: