Monday, June 13, 2016

Happy 7th Birthday Elsa

I look at her now and feel that she is definitely moving from my little girl to a young lady.  Although it tugs at my heart a little, I am in awe of the person she is becoming.  We had fun looking through pictures together when she was born and of our time in England.  In some ways, it seems like yesterday.  In other ways, an eternity.  It was fun listening to and answering the gazillion questions she had.  Fortunately one was not "how did i get in your belly?"

When I was growing up, our birthday tradition was breakfast in bed.  I would sit with excitement in bed, listening to my mom cook me my favorite breakfast and then my family walking upstairs singing happy birthday.  We have carried over this tradition to our family.  Elsa decided she wanted carmel rolls, so caramel rolls it was!  For her present, she got a kayak and is pretty excited to use it up at the cabin!
 Chet even wanted breakfast in bed, so we included him!

On her actually birthday, we went to the Hudsons!  She received lots of birthday love (and sugar) from our friends and enjoyed "swimming" in their hot tub!

We celebrated her birthday with friends the following weekend.  She wanted to have a Saint party where everyone dressed as their favorite saint.  She selected to be St. Agnes!  I absolutely love the heart she has for Jesus and Catholicism!
 Enjoying a nice lunch with fellow saints :)
 Annie insisted on giving her 7 birthday spankings!
 Here is a photo of the group!  Chet had his bestie over to play.
Right after lunch, a storm blew in.  It was rather quite unexpected and a large tree branch flew past the house.  I immediately gathered the kids in the basement for a movie while our severe thunderstorm warning was in effect!!  We are no short of drama at our house!!


Favorite Color: Magenta

Favorite Movie: Frozen

Favorite Book: Every book  (she has become quite the avid reader!)

Favorite Food: Nectarines

What she wants to be when she grows up: Interior Decorator or a Veterinarian or a nun

What annoys her:  Chet

What makes her happy: spending time with my family

Favorite TV show: Lion Guard

Favorite season: Summer (because we can go swimming)

Favorite sport/activity: soccer and dance

What she likes to do in her free time:  play with my friends and family


No comments: