Sunday, April 17, 2016

My new master bedroom

When I turned 40 in December, Aaron had the idea of getting me a nice ring/bracelet with the intent of it being an heirloom I could pass on to Elsa.  We looked at various jewlers and, although there were a lot of beautiful pieces that I would have loved to have, my practical self voiced her opinion.  You see, we have had the same bedroom furniture since we got married.  And, that was the same set Aaron had in college.  And, it was the same set handed down to him from his Uncle.  This set has been through at least 15 moves.  Everytime I open one of the drawers, wood shavings come off the track and litter my clothes with wonderful splinters.  So, I asked for a new bedroom set!  I had our interior decorator come over and she came up with a plan!  And, It just got installed last week.  I haven't wanted to leave since!

The Before:

The dresser with the wood shavings.  Olaf is photo bombing the picture.



We haven't had a headboard for over 10 years.



We had our old living room armoire in here and an old chair we bought in England




And….the AFTER!!!!

Mimi did a floor to ceiling upholstered headboard


I love the turquoise nightstands!  Lots of storage space for books!


She picked out very traditional dresser and chest of drawers.







And, initially I just had selected the headboard, dressers, rug, night stands, and lamps.  When she delivered it she brought a bunch of accent pieces (the large print, bench, baskets, chair, etc).  I LOVED IT ALL!!  Let me tell you, I am so glad I have an interior decorator!  Most of these things I would have never picked out, but I love how they all go together!  The only other thing we need to do here is get a new window (neither of the windows open) and new blinds (they have been broken since we moved in!).


No comments: