Thursday, June 7, 2012

10 years of marital bless

A blog I read is appropriately titled "Marital Bless-it may not always be bliss but it is always a blessing"  I could not agree more!  In a time when many are getting divorce, I am so excited to say Happy 10 years!  I really think that marriages are more prone to failure when the focus is on bliss, rather than the blessing God created it to be.  And, when the focus is on ourselves rather than being a help meet to our spouse.  Aaron and I are on one team and our marriage is so much more blissful when I try to emulate Proverbs 31 (but fail miserably at in a lot of areas!).  I am so grateful for the man that God chose for me and for the fact that we keep Christ at the center (most of the time).   Its amazing he has put up with me for 10 years!  Through multiple moves, the stress of residency, the sorrow of losing three babies, the stress of having two kids, etc, we have stood by each others side and I hope to have another 10 years (four times over) of marriage to Aaron.

For our 10 year anniversary, we went to the place where it began:  Door County.  We went there for our honeymoon and thought it would be appropriate to go there for our 10 year.  The time of the year was perfect as it was not too busy because most schools were still in session;  the only down side was chilly and dreary weather for most days.  We stayed in the town of Egg Harbor at the Ashbrooke.  It was adults only so no screaming kids to wake up to.  Our room was great!  It had a double sided fireplace, a two person jacuzzi hot-tub, and was so quiet!  We slept until 8am the first morning!  We spent the four days hiking in state and county parks, biking, playing golf, dining on great food, shopping, meeting up with friends, wine and cheese tasting, and relaxing!  And, I better not forget to thank my MIL Peggy for watching our two tykes and making this trip possible!

We even drove around to find this spot where we took the exact same picture 10 years ago!  This was on Ellison Bluff!  I don't remember being as scared to walk out there 10 years ago.
Check out the roof!
 Aaron loves nature and enjoys finding unique wildflowers
 But, it drove him up the wall that I was the first to spot this one!
 Me biking at Penninsula State Park--it was a great ride with minimal traffic
 The Ephraim Fish Boil

 Golfing




1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

I know this is quite a long time after the fact, but in searching "marital bless" I came across your blog. :)

Happy belated anniversary! You have a beautiful family and great perspective!